Friday, March 9, 2012

charity

I was supposed to pick a charity today. My boss sent me a text: Pick a charity. I had six hours to contemplate and respond.  I had never been so uneasy before.  I couldn't remain calm and focus. I found the assignment agitating. I chose to sit on a chair to contemplate this question of charity. I would know how my boss felt about my answer from his text response.  I sat and thought.  For any one charity I decided to support, I would be making a decision not to support millions of others. When it came time for my answer I didn't respond to the question. I texted him that charity is not good, it perpetuates poverty. The charity I choose is the institution of charity.  Charity is what needs the most help today, it needs to improve itself, to become a company that all the poor work for, so that they won't need charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment