Wednesday, February 15, 2012

no job description


Every time there was a social gathering of the local kind I felt that chit chat was useless.  I preferred the loving glow of a gentle silence.  I enjoyed the work at the castle because it was meditative.  I could wash the windows, and see trees, sky, clouds, lakes and bridges.  It was interesting because there was no job description, and I was in a constant state of questions.  I was given tasks and I was paid with shelter and basic necessities.  I was compensated very well, so i didn't mind the mystery of my position, and neither did I purposely use my benefits just because they were there.  I only used the car and driver to get to the airport if I were traveling, and even then many times I would walk.
One of the assignments given to me were to socialize.  Boss sent me to a wedding.  It was an odd social exercise.  In church no one spoke and then at the reception there were speeches, and loud music.  When anyone spoke to me I couldn't hear a thing because the music was too loud.

It was lucky how I got my job.  I was at an odd place at a strange time.  There was a line of young men going into a side entrance of a building.  I wasnt sure why and I just went into the building with them and started lifting boxes onto shelves.  I had nothing else to do so it seemed nice to get a glimpse of what it would be like to have a job. I never had a job before.  No one noticed or spoke to me.  I followed everybody to a valet area.  Each of us were assigned a driver and driven to their "castle", and dropped off at the main gate with a texting device.  I had been so lost up until this morning, that I welcomed the direction from the driver and the shelter of the castle.

The place was not creepy at all.  I just went in and saw a broom so I started sweeping because I didn't know what else to do.  The common denominator for this job, that I understood looking back, was that there was no description and the entire job had to be figured out in increments.

No comments:

Post a Comment